Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Growing boys

Well life has been fun and joyful lately. Friday morning I was getting the boys dressed in their bedroom. I turned the lock around on their bedroom door so when they go in time-out they can't get out. At any rate, Taegen was playing with the door and closing it and opening it when he started crying. He was saying "mommy...sorry....sorry mommy" Anyways, he had locked the door on the outside with me and Kyler in the bedroom. I looked around their room and found a small screwdriver in the closet. To no avail...the screwdriver failed me. So I had to open the window and bend the screen out. All the house doors were locked because it was only 8:30 a.m. so I was running outside to the neighbors with no bra, no shoes in semi-cold weather. I woke up the neighbors and they were going to save me. I ran back over to my house, climbed through the window, both boys crying and Taegen sill saying "sorry mommy". I tried the door again and wahlah....it was open. Yeah!! Needless to say, I did find a key to the door that I now have on the inside of the bedroom.

The boys also had their two year check-up yesterday and they are both growing boys.
Taegen
weight 28 lbs 12 oz 60th percentile
height 35.5 inches 80th percentile
head 19.5 inches 73rd percentile

Kyler
weight 24 lbs 1 oz 8th percentile
height 32 1/4 inches 6th percentile
head 18 inches 2 percentile

My growing boys are getting so big. Kyler actually is on the charts with all his measurements now. Super!!!
The boys had a fabulous birthday. We had a party with the neighbors and had dinner and lots of cupcakes and eclair cake and all sorts of yummy food. The boys got spoiled. The neighbors got them a big turtle sandbox. They also got a picnic table, bikes, driveway fence, tent, clothes and of course, bubbles. When we asked Taegen who's birthday it was he said...Kyler's. He was right (I guess). They had a great time and loved being sang to by so many people. Happy Birthday Boys!!!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Boys!!



April 1, 2004 - Ryan and I had only been married a month but we told both our parents that I was pregnant. They didn't believe us! April 1, 2005- Ryan and I sent a fake ultrasound (one with my name on it) to our parents. Once again, they didn't believe us! April 1, 2006 - I was scheduled for a c-section on April 8th so Ryan and I set our alarm for 3 a.m. on April 1st and called both our parents and told them my water had broke. They kind of believed but then didn't. At 5:00 a.m. on April 1st my water really did break. We called the parental guardians again and they didn't believe. My dad wanted to talk to the nurse at the hospital to see if we were telling the truth. The nurse got on the phone and said "Hi, I'm a waitress at Denny's" Needless to say, my dad did not want to come to the hospital because he didn't believe. Well, at 8:09 a.m. Taegen was born weighing 5 lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long then at 8:10 a.m. Kyler was born weighing 5 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. And thus began the long journey of parenthood. So to continue on with the April 1st tradition....I'm Pregnant!!!
7 com

No comments:

Post a Comment