Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another 1st



This week is full of 1st it seems. Today Kyler got to ride the bus for the first time. As much as I try to act not like the "typical" mom - it doesn't work. I cried when Kyler got on the bus. He's just SO tiny. He could barely see out the window and he was crying. However, once he was strapped into his seat he just looked out the window and waved. I feel like his place should be at home because he is still so young. But I know that he gets the necessary therapies at school. So I am torn - between where he "should" be and where he "needs" to be. Another reason I am torn is this. We live no more than 5 minutes from the school. However, in the morning Kyler is picked up at 7:50 (he is the first one picked up). He doesn't get to the school until 8:45. That is almost an entire hour on the bus. Coming home he is only on the bus for about 15 minutes because he is the 4th kid dropped off. I decided I will try the morning bus the rest of this week and see what he thinks. If he loves it - I will continue. If he hates it- I will take him in the morning and let him ride the bus home. Sounds like a plan to me...

If you look closely you can see Kyler's lil' head barely looking out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment