Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Turning of a Page

Well, we have reached the ending of a Chapter in the boys' life. No More Therapy (at least at home). There is still going to be lots of therapy for Kyler but not in the home. In Indiana, kiddos who need therapy get them provided to them through First Steps in the home until they reach the age of 3. At the age of 3 they go to the school system. Anyways, since Kyler and Taegen turn 3 next week - this was our last week of Therapy. As weird as it sounds, I'm a little sad. The therapists have been coming into our home every week for 1 or 2 hours since we moved here. Tuesday at 9:30 was Occupational Therapy for Kyler (until a month ago when she quit). Wednesday at 11:30 is Speech Therapy for Taegen (whether he really needed it or not - he LOVED the one on one time just for him). Thursday was Physical Therapy for Kyler at 9:30. Friday was Speech Therapy at 9:00 for Kyler. So, our lives have been completely intertwined with therapy for a long while. I have become friends with the therapists. The boys LOVE them. Every morning Taegen asks if Shelly or Renee is coming. It's going to be weird to tell him that they are not coming anymore. I am glad that Kyler will be able to continue getting his therapy at school. I am glad that we won't have to schedule everything around therapy. I am sad that I won't get to see my friends on a regular basis anymore. I am sad that Taegen and Kyler won't get to see their friends/therapists on a regular basis anymore. Renee and Shelly - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. Kyler has done excellent with therapy and is doing so well. Everywhere I go, people comment on how "high" functioning he is. I like to think that he is just a high functioning kid but I know that therapy has done wonders for him. You are amazing therapists who really do your job 110%. You spoiled my boys. You loved my boys. You listened to my venting. You understood when I complained. You really have made a HUGE impact on my life and on Taegen, Kyler and Strider's life. I can never repay you but at least you can have a spot on my blog. :):)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Should I leave him here all night?

No comments:

Post a Comment