Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Therapy Schmerapy!


It has been almost 3 years of therapy 3 times a week for Kyler (and me). It has become a routine that we just do. Occupational Therapy once a week, Physical Therapy once a week and Speech Therapy once a week. Well, yesterday that changed.

Let me just say that aren't therapists suppose to be doing what is best for the child. Don't they technically work for the parent because after all we (or our insurance) is paying them. How juvenile and immature do you have to be to QUIT the first time a parent corrects you? Don't get me wrong I LOVE the 2 therapists that are still working with Kyler and I didn't hate the other one. She was late EVERY time. Not just once or twice but EVERY time by at least 15 minutes. She said there has been "tension" between us for awhile now and when I asked why she didn't say anything she said "what am I suppose to say?" I explained to her that although I expect her to be late it still irritates me EVERY SINGLE time. So of course there will be tension if I'm irritated. Also, she said that I tell her things the other therapists are doing with Kyler that are working so I must think she is doing a bad job. Isn't it a GOOD thing to tell her things that the other therapists are doing that are working...after all, if they work for one they might, just might, work for the others.
\
But what do I know...she's the therapist who has been doing this for 10 years and SHE knows what's best for my child. Besides, Kyler is almost 3 and he is more distracted now then ever before. (that's a bunch of bull crap, I say) (How do you explain that he is doing FINE with the other therapists)
I guess I get EXTREMELY irritated at ALWAYS having to be the advocate for Kyler. I get that I am the advocate for Taegen and Strider and all my kids but it sure seems like I have to do a lot more advocating for Kyler that seems unnecessary just because people are dumb. Just so you are aware, I'm not going to stop being Kyler's advocate. And to clear things up for all...I DO KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR MY CHILD and if you disagree...poop on you! :)
There, I feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment