Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Monday, June 1, 2009

Kyler Joe


I go in spurts. Sometimes I am really wanting connections to other people who have kids with Down syndrome. Other times...I'm totally okay without those connections. Right now...I need them!
I don't quite understand what my deal is. Lately, I have been re-reading a book "Gifts" that I got that is written by a bunch of moms who have kids with Down syndrome. I feel a connection to other moms who also have a child with DS. But why does that matter? I don't necessarily feel a connection to other mom's who have "normal" kids? So, what's the difference?
I have no idea.
At any rate, sometimes having a child with Down syndrome is difficult. I think of the "What if's". I think of his future and wonder what it holds for him. I compare him a lot to Taegen (since their twins) and I can see how delayed he is and also how un-delayed (is that a word) he is.
So...I have decided that I will have hard times accepting the Down syndrome. I will wonder. I will feel sad or mad or bad.
But mostly - I won't! So what if he has Down syndrome. He is smart, cute, funny, a jokster. He loves his brothers. He makes messes. He helps clean up. He makes me laugh all the time. He gives the best kisses. He is simply amazing. He has changed my life...just like my other two boys have done. He is just a little boy (who happens to have Down syndrome) and I LOVE HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment